5D. What a domestic helper should not do
The following guidelines contain expectations of employers that should be observed at all times. These guidelines will help you adjust and earn the appreciation of your employers easily:
- A domestic helper should avoid staying overnight outside the employer’s house during her day-offs or holidays.
- Do not use the telephone, except during emergencies and when absolutely necessary. Do not chat with your friends on the telephone and never ring them, unless with your employer’s consent.
- When left by your employer alone at home, never bring any friends or visitors in unless your employers give their consent.
- During your leisure time, try not to lean on the sofa or sit in the parlor (sitting or dining room) in a too relaxed manner. This is frowned upon and leaves a poor impression with your employers. Do not sit on your employer’s bed.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, shorts or flimsy/transparent blouses, skirts or negligees in the presence of your employers. 6. Do not abuse the kindness of your employers.
- Do not wait for your employers to push you to do things.
- When your employer takes you for shopping, carry your employer’s bags and things. Look after the children, if they come along.
- Do not eat at the employer’s table unless requested to do so. When invited for a meal, sit last and stand up first. Serve your employer with Chinese tea after dining.
- Do not envy other foreign domestic workers who enjoy perks such as their own room, television set, more liberal hours, etc.
- Do not request for a Saturday or Sunday holiday. According to the Labor Contract, your weekly holiday will be based upon the discretion and convenience of the employer. Do not argue with your employers, especially about having a Sunday holiday and on petty matters.
- Do not use the radio or stereo, especially if you do not know how to operate it.
- Do not indulge in drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid bad company and bad influences. Avoid gossiping.
- Do not open drawers in the house without the employer’s permission.
- Do not open the employer’s personal mail.
- Do not use or borrow the employer’s belongings without the employer’s permission.
If you need more information, please feel free to Contact Us, or via WhatsApp or leave message on our Facebook for general inquiries.
If you need more information, please feel free to Contact Us, or via WhatsApp +852 93446653 or leave message on our Facebook for general inquiries.
Jika anda memiliki pertanyaan, harap tinggalkan pesan di halaman Facebook kami dan kami akan segera membalas persan anda
Kung mayroon po kayong mga katanungan, maari po na mag-iwan ng mensahe sa aming Facebook para po sa iba pang katanungan
Back : Book Index > Book Sub-Index
Previous post : 5C. What A FDH Should Do | Next Post : 5E. Dealing The Tense Situation
- The Myth of Direct Hiring from Overseas - An Insight to its Core
- Direct Hire NCA (Don't Process Possess Valid TESDA HSW NC II DOMESTIC WORK Cert.)
- Direct Hire NCB (Possess Valid TESDA HSW NC II DOMESTIC WORK Cert.)
- Direct Hire for 1st Timer OFWs to Hong Kong
- Direct Hire for Returning OFWs to Hong Kong
- Overseas domestic helper
- Local domestic helper